Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a photographer is born

 happy birthday, zachary isaak!

today is my baby's 4th birthday, so i thought i would take this opportunity to share some of his recent photos with you.  zac loves art in all forms, but here recently he has become absolutely obsessed with photography.  i am not even kidding when i tell you that his ipod touch has close to 700 pictures on it right now. 

last month,  unexpected circumstances took zachary and me out to my inlaw's house in azle.  their house is on a huge piece of land.  we had some time to kill, so we went outside to explore.  i decided to take the opportunity to do a photography lesson with zac.  now, those of you who are in texas with me, i know you remember the scorching summer that we just emerged from.  well,  this photo shoot captured the tail end of that record-breaking heat wave and the beginning of an obsession for zac.

i, julia, do solemnly swear that the following pictures were taken by zachary isaak, age 3!  lol  (yes, i'm going to call him 3 one last time here!)


view from the front yard


the roses took a beating from the sun


even the cacti were looking scorched
 
 
me telling him to always be on the look out for an interesting angle
 
 
he called this one "pink flowers"
 
by the time we left azle, he had taken close to 200 pictures and a photographer was born.  and he taught me a lesson that day...no matter the circumstance, there is always an opportunity to share knowledge and make art!
 
peace, love, art,

-julia







9 comments:

  1. how cool is that?!? my 3 - almost 4 year old granddaughter has had free access to my camera...ever since she wanted it. she takes tons of pictures too and I must say...lots of them are great. your son is doing a fabulous job. yay for mommies who don't say no to three year old camera handling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i agree! give them a camera and a paint brush as soon as they can hold it. i'm not sure why the "formal" lesson didn't occur to me earlier. perhaps b/c i'm not a photographer. i had both my boys painting in diapers-lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. A photographer at age 3. I was probably still eating glue and decorating with glitter at age 3. So fun. Let him know that he is doing a great job. I love the shadow photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one very impressive 4 year old! I love that age. You are so blessed;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great!! Maybe you could post his work in my "Recipe" project!! Just a thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) In reply...

    Thank you so much Julia! It was really fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave, I totally would but I have no idea what filters he ended up using on each one- just know it was Instagram!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...