Tuesday, January 10, 2012

inspire

to be inspired requires seeing.
to inspire requires doing.

so those are my goals for 2012. 

and my own art has got to start here.  i have a painting that has been in process for way too long.  since summer, in fact.

i got an idea to try to mix my figurative work with my mixed media.  i started with a large sketch and some tar gel.

detail of flowers with tar gel and acrylic

then i added some paper collage and some paint.



and then some more paint.



and this is where the story ends.  not sure what to do next.

so back to "inspire."  i need to see.  i need to do.

i need to finish and move on.

here's my next canvas waiting for me.  already a completely opposite color palette.  now that's what i'm talking about!




so here's to 2012...may we all inspire and be inspired!

-julia

5 comments:

  1. Like your process and your words about inspiration, see what comes up and follow the energy. That's what I am trying to do. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO inspire me! I love the way the collage turned out! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring indeed! Love the way the first piece developed! Seems to me you need to explore this "path' again while the way is clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like to me that your "story" is well on its way! Love your piece...can't wait to see what you do with the canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great word and you are already doing great things with it! You have inspired me to go ahead and try tar gel. I look at it almost every time I go in the art store, but wasn't sure what I would do with it - you have given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...