Tuesday, July 10, 2012

revelation

the second painting i did for my bloom true painting class back in february.  it has actually been done for a while, but those of you who are artists (and bloggers!) know it can take a while to take and edit pictures.  

"revelation"         acrylic on canvas        20" X 20"         2012


i can't even tell you how many layers there are on this.  i'll guess about 20.  here are 10 of them to somewhat show you the evolution.  this first picture is actually about 3 layers in.


adding white.


 some staining.  yuck.


some drawing.  bleck.


some blocking out.  blah.


some etching.  well...i hated it a little less here.


maybe some trees?  sigh...


how about dumping some paint down it?  relief!

some redrawing and some more blocking.  ooookkkaaayyyy!


some tightening up and it's there! 


rev-e-la-tion
1.  the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure.
2.  something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.
here's to revelation!

-julia

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I often stop at bleck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Julia!!! What an evolution. I totally love the final painting...I mean really love it...but it would have been quite difficult for me to change anything about the first two - and other pictures you've shown us. Wow! Incredible work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled through your whole process! I'm in Flora' s online class now & I could send you some similar photos! You give me hope that it may all work out in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...