Wednesday, November 14, 2012

must see video


what advice would you give to your younger self?  legendary american painter chuck close tells us in this short video, and it is fabulous!

i remember the first time i was introduced to chuck close back in college.  his portraits blew my mind.  if you are familiar with his work, watch this video.  if you are not familiar with his work, click here , and then watch this video.  so inspiring!

there are a lot of great quotes in there, but here's my favorite...
      "inspiration is for amateurs.  the rest of us just show up and get to work."

love.  it.

this video is 5 minutes long.  watch it.  you will not be sorry!  then share it with your kids.  all my art students will see it this week!

here's to achieving greatness against all odds, and here's to the great chuck close!

-julia








1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, this video is so inspiring! I was writing down quotes as fast as I could and had to go back and view it a second time. thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...