Wednesday, May 15, 2013

paper flowers

happy belated mother's day!



some of my students have been working on making their own painted paper to create paper flowers with.  this project has taken longer than what i originally intended because i have insisted that the students paint both sides of each paper that they made.  i just think the flowers are so much stronger with the back sides of the petals having a painted pattern on them as well. 

so each student painted the front and back of two 9x12 watercolor sheets.  i wanted them to think about making the second sheet a different color palette and pattern than the first so that the inner part of the flower would really stand out from the petal part.




then we used patterns i had made to cut out the flower parts from the painted paper, and assembled them using pipe cleaners and beads.  they are not all finished yet, but so far, so good!




i hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. 


this week, here's to moms!

-julia

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I'm sure every mommy loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! Yeah, they are really turning out great. Wouldn't you just love a vase full of these in your house? Kind of don't want to give them away. Lol

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Love the flowers! What fun! I found your blog thru Seth's Art Blog Directory and i thought i'd stop and say hi. I loved looking thru your colorful blog! I hope you'll stop by and say hi! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there! Thanks for visiting. I love Seth's blog too! I absolutely will check your blog out. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...