Wednesday, July 3, 2013

summer time

well...you know it is officially summer when you start to lose track of

a) what time it is

b) what day it is.

hence the fact that my summer classes have been rocking for 3 weeks now, but i have yet to write a blog post.  i feel like i need to throw a hash tag here like this... #summer

so far we have drawn and painted and even thrown some clay.  here is one of my favorite sessions so far...ink blot paintings.  i got this idea originally from watching my kids dispose of paper palettes in my studio.  i teach them that when they are done, they need to fold the paper over so that the paint is on the inside, and then gently pull it off the pad and throw it away.  but, almost always, they can't resist opening the paper up to see the paint one last time.  it is thrilling every time.  so funny.  i was thinking about that one day, when i remembered seeing this post here at teach kids art.  and bada bing...bada boom..super fun summer lesson.  with my younger class, i did it with primary colors like cheryl did at teach kids art. 

my demo

i see a giraffe face



we had so much fun that i decided to try it with my older class too.  only we used 2 analogous colors with a third accent color thrown in.  these are not done (or maybe they are.)  who knows.  it will be fun to see where they go with these though.


happy 4th, you guys!

and here's to being on summer time...

-julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...